Second Life Tip Jar Script
Greetings! Looking to boost your sims’ revenue? Tired of paying out of pocket?
Our Second Life and Opensim Tip Jar & Donations script can help you increase your revenue and help keep your sim open and staff happy!
This file includes all the code you need for a working tip jar in Second Life and Opensim on a notepad document.
What does this enable you to do?
This allows you to create your own tip jar, and allow:
- Yourself to be listed as creator, promoting your profile
- Share the tips with your staff automatically
- Secure the tip jar and make sure only you or your staff can use it.
- Shows total donations, biggest donations and last tipper.
- Shows the last tippers’ profile pic automatically, boosting tipping activity!
How to use
- Simply download the zip file and open the notepad.
- Start up your Second Life or Opensim viewer, build and object or use an item that you want to have as your physical tipjar.
- Create a new script within the item or object
- Create a new notecard withing the item or object with the exact name: SocialJar.Config
- Copy-paste the code into the script
- Copy-paste and adjust the notecard settings if necessary (usually not the case!).
- Adjust settings by touching it (sharing tips or not, secure login or not etc..)
- Reset script
If you are interested in more of our scripts, please make sure to check out our HUD maker!
Marketplace description example
To promote the tip jar, we use the following description on the SL Marketplace:
The tip jars have the following functionalities:
*Automatically changes pic to the last tipper (great to increase tips and donations!)
*Logging in security; if you want to make sure only certain people can use the tip jar! (owner, group or public)
*Displays total tips, last tipper and biggest tipper! (great to increase competition among tippers!)
*Local and IM messages; boosts awareness of tipping possibilities and seduces tippers to tip more and more often!
When rezzing, first accept the debit permission, or else the tipjar won’t work!
Touch to start the menu and work your way through the settings:
(If the tip jar does nothing, right click it, right click the ”SocialJar Script” and reset the script, you should see the debit permission pop up again!
-Acces: set acces to the persons who can log in and receive tips. It can be set to: owner only, group members only and public acces.
-Percentage: set the percentage of the tips your willing to share with the currently logged-in user!
– IM / Local chat or both: set this to the way you’d like the tip jar to mention the tipper in local and im chat.
3. Place it and receive your tips!